LIMITED DOOR GUARANTEE
All doors supplied by Andersons Ltd, hereafter referred to as Andersons (except those doors expressly excluded from this guarantee by Andersons, effective as at 1st November 2004) are guaranteed by Andersons for ten years from date of delivery, and at that time, to be of good material and workmanship and to be free of defects which would render said doors unserviceable and/or unfit for the ordinary, recommended use.
This guarantee is made to the original purchaser only and does not extend to subsequent purchasers during the period of this warranty.
If at the time a door delivery is received, said door(s) are found to have a defect(s) which can reasonably be discovered by inspection of each door, the receiver of the door(s) must, prior to hanging or fitting, and within 3 days, send written notice of said discovered defect(s) to Andersons. All doors should be fully inspected prior to altering or fitting – any work undertaken on the door shall constitute acceptance.
If a fault rather than defect develops after the door is fitted, written notice of said fault(s) must be sent to Andersons within ten years from date of delivery.
No claim will be honoured unless an authorised representative of Andersons performs a site inspection (at the discretion of the company).
If guaranteed doors are found to contain defects/faults as stated herein, Andersons, at our option will either, repair defective/faulty door(s), furnish purchaser with replacement door(s) or refund to the current owner the amount the original purchaser paid Andersons for the returned defective/faulty door(s). This guarantee does not cover any other charges incurred such as labour for removal of defective door, rehanging of new and/or replacement door, transportation to and from site or reimbursement for any other work/service not originally supplied by Andersons.
LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
- Unsatisfactory service or appearance caused by failure to follow the “Handling/Finishing/Installation” instructions set out herein or similarly in the alternative contained within the door packaging are excluded from this guarantee.
- Natural variations in the colour or texture of wood are not to be considered as defects.
- Warp/bow/cup/twist (as set out in the relevant British Standard) shall not be considered a defect unless it exceeds 1/4 inch (6.35mm) in the plane of the door itself. Warp is any distortion in the door itself and does not refer to the relationship of the door to the frame or jamb in which it is hung.
- When measuring the amount of warp in a door, the following method shall be used: bow, cup or twist shall be measured by placing a straight-edge on the suspected concave face of the door at any angle (i.e. diagonally, horizontally, vertically), with the door in its installed position. The measurement of bow, cup and twist shall be made at the point of maximum distance between the bottom of the straight edge and the face of the door. Shrinkage/swelling shall not be considered as a defect.
- The guarantee on Double Glazed Units is restricted to 5 years
- All the following doors are excluded from this guarantee:
- i. All Knotty Pine doors and Door Blanks.
- ii. All non-stock/special doors, which fall outside of the usual Andersons standard stock size profile (i.e. special orders).
- iii. All doors that are improperly hung or do not swing freely.
- iv. Normal wear and tear including wear through of finish.
- v. The appearance of any door with non-factory applied high gloss finish.
- vi. All doors stored on sites other than the properly prepared storage areas/warehouses of Andersons’s client/customer, other than for reasons of satisfying the relevant paragraphs of the Handling, Finishing and Installation category set out below.
- vii. All doors not supplied finished by or not finished prior to installation.
- viii. Any product treated with a water based finish.
- ix. All exterior doors where there is inadequate overhead protection.
- x. Any installation Andersons deems structurally unstable – this will be noted in writing by Andersons.
- Andersons shall not be liable for any doors repaired, returned or replaced without prior consent by Andersons.
HANDLING, JOB FINISHING AND INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Upon receipt of delivery of doors, inspect each door for any visible defects. Doors should be stored on a flat and level surface in a dry, well-ventilated building. Cover to keep clean and keep out sunlight, but allow air circulation.
- Handle with clean gloves and do not drag doors across one another or across other surfaces.
- Doors should not be subject to: abnormal heat, extreme dryness, humid conditions or sudden changes therein. They should be conditioned to average prevailing relative humidity of the locality before hanging.
- The utility or structural strength of the door must not be impaired in the fitting of the door, the application of the hardware, or cutting and altering the door.
- Before finishing, remove handling marks or effects of exposure to moisture with a thorough final sanding over all surfaces of the door using fine sandpaper. Clean before applying sealer or finish. Some species of wood contain a chemical (oak particularly), which reacts unfavourably with certain finishes. Where possible, the surface should be tested for such unfavourable reactions. Application of a sealer before finishing will usually prevent this difficulty. Do not use steel wool or other sanding materials containing steel/iron on Oak doors.
- Immediately after fitting, or cutting for closures, weather-strip and/or threshold, and before hanging any interior or exterior door on the job, the entire door, including the top and bottom edges must receive an application of a suitable sealer/primer and two coats of a good grade of paint, varnish, lacquer, micro porous wood finish. Always check with the manufacturer of the chosen finish to ensure suitability and/or compatibility with the particular construction and specie of your door choice. . Adequate drying time must be allowed between coats. For job site finishing, do not use a water-thinned paint unless an oil base prime coat is first applied. Exterior finishes shall be used on the faces and all edges of exterior doors.
- Avoid dark colours on exterior doors in direct sunlight.
- All doors should be checked prior to installation. The working upon or installation of these doors shall constitute acceptance.
- There are no warranties that extend beyond the foregoing, and Andersons’ responsibility under this guarantee is as stated herein. Andersons shall not be liable for consequential, incidental damages, or for any amount in excess of Andersons’s original invoiced price for the doors involved, whether the claim is for breach of guarantee or negligence.
- Andersons attempt to do everything that is reasonably possible so as to ensure that the relevant British Standards that relate to wooden doors are met or exceeded.